Rain, Oh, Rain

It has been raining here all week long. Hrishika's class was asked to write about Rain. This is what she wrote. Her teacher thought Hrishika did the best job of writing and asked her to share it with the whole class by reading it for them. All I can say is, that makes me proud!!!


Rain, Oh, Rain


I woke to the sound of rain tapping on my window, like knocking on the door. As I stretched, I saw the trees sway in the breeze, and I started getting ready for school. At school, the Pitter - Patter of the rain overwhelmed me. I watched as the rain fell to the ground, and then crawled in all directions. it looked as if it was Spaghetti, and a large fork was spinning it around. The rain was dancing to the song of the wind. About five minutes before recess the speaker turned on, and the principals voice bellowed, " Rainy Day Recess." Oh no. Not rainy day recess once again. It was rainy day recess for two days in a row already. During recess, I looked out the window and watched the rain drop down on the floor. Suddenly, a long sharp piece of lightning dashed to the floor. Followed by that was a loud thunder, growling at me. As the thunder echoed, I thought, what a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment